DVSN works in collaboration with communities to end domestic violence. We strive to empower and educate all peoples in ways that respect their dignity and choices while promoting their safety.
Who We Serve
Since its inception in November 1998 through October 2016, DVSN has held nearly 14,000 support sessions with clients from 160 communities throughout New England and beyond. In FY2016, DVSN responded to 1250 referrals/requests for service.
Victims of domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking come to DVSN from:
- Incidents reported to one of the 13 partnering police departments.
- Calls to our toll free, confidential Help Line from anywhere.
- Walk-‐ins to any one of the 13 partner police departments for help.
- Referrals by Emerson Hospital medical staff.
- Anyone seeking an abuse prevention order at the Concord District Court.
- Requests for accompaniment to Ayer, Framingham, Lowell, Cambridge, or any other court with jurisdiction over abuse prevention orders sought by a DVSN client.
For the past four years, DVSN has averaged approximately 1200 referrals or requests for service annually.
90% of our clients reside in one of our 13 partner communities: Acton, Boxborough, Bedford, Carlisle, Concord, Maynard, Lexington, Lincoln, Stow, Sudbury, Wayland, Weston and Hanscom Air Force Base.